Okay so the title translates much better if you hear Rob Schnieder from The Water Boy say it but use your imagination. Christie (see Auntie Crispy) made me think about my list of things to do and made me realize that while I have yet to accomplish all I want to do I am not totally lame and have done some things. So, I thought I'd share.
Learn to Knit. I really wanted to learn to do this for some strange reason, even though I hate most knitted or crocheted items. I just wanted to learn to do it. It seemed like one of those lost skills so about 5 years ago I went to the computer and figured it out. I'm not great. I couldn't whip you up a sweater but I can do it. It was a goal and I accomplished it.
Get on Diamond Vision at a Professional Game. I did that. Mariners game. To be totally fair it was long ago when they were in the Kingdom and when they really sucked. Right before their 95 season. Me and my friends and the peanut guy were one of the only ones there so really they had slim pickings but I'm still counting it because it was a goal. I'm passing it off on sheer principle.
Own our House. This was a BIG one. It has been a goal since the day we got married and a personal goal since I can remember. Never have I lived in a home that we owned all growing up. A few years ago I made one of those boards with a picture of goals I wanted to accomplish. I put a picture of a house up. It seemed so unobtainable at the time. Yet here we are in our own home.
Grow an Awesome Garden. Okay so it's prepared, planted and growing. It's not technically "grown" but I'm still counting it. When I was younger, remember we never owned our own house, I used to try to plant things along the back porch or our apartment or in some small place in a rental home. Never worked. Once the manager came and weedwacked all my flowers. He couldn't tell a flower from crabgrass. That's when I made it a goal, this is the year the goal is realized!
Meet Harry Connick Jr. Yep, I met him. He's awesome. He's hot. (I can post that, my husband knows how I feel since I declared my love for Harry at one of his concerts we went to). Met him after a concert. He signed my ticket, shook my hand, said something wonderful (I think it was something about running away with him) but I cant recall exactly what because I was SO startstruck it was pathetic. However, I did meet him and that ranks pretty high on my list of accomplishments.
Now I am off to accomplish trying to keep Coop from destroying the house. Trust me that would be the biggest accomplishment thus far.
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
4 months ago
2 comments:
I think it's awesome to be able to reach your dreams, mine are pretty boring in comparison. But I'll try and post them just the same. ;)
Way to go, Tera! I have to agree -- owning your own home is such a great accomplishment. Harry Connick, Jr? I'm totally jealous!!
Post a Comment