Friday, April 11, 2008

I am Mud






My roses are in bloom and they are so pretty to me. We ended up with a Mr. Lincoln, John F. Kennedy and one who's name I cant remember so we decided to name it the Unknown soldier. They are bordered by the verbena. The flower garden is all done in red and white. Red is my favorite favorite FAVORITE color so that's why it's there. I also noticed the other day that it has brought humming birds to the yard and that made my heart even happier. There is something about planting and growing and watching such beauty grow around me that fills me up inside.

I am mud.

You know how some people say they are water and their strength comes from being near water? Or others say they are earth and their strength comes from that? Or air or whatever you find yourself in? Well, I think I would be mud then. I am a Pisces so that would make me a water, but my name is Tera which means earth so you put the two together and you get mud. I'm okay with being mud. Nothing feels better between your toes right? When I go to the beach or am near any sort of body of water I feel my spirit filled up. I find peace and spirituality there. It washes over me and my cup runs over with renewed strength and determination. However, when I am in the garden I feel belonging. I feel carefree like a child making mud pies. I feel creative and inspired to make and grow beauty and fun and life.

My name is mud.

1 comment:

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

being near water refreshes me, relaxes me. gardening, hands deep in dirt fulfills me like nothing else, makes me feel as though i belong in a world i don't usually feel as though i'm a part of like everyone else!