I MADE IT!!!
Three books a month was my goal for 2008. As of today I have made that goal and then some. Every month I read atleast 3 books sometimes more. Today I finished my third book for Decemeber and have accomplished my goal set in January. In total I have read 53 books in 2008. Think I can do 4 a month in '09?
1/08
Rhett Butler's People~ Donald McCaig (No GWTW but better than Scarlett)
The Kite Runner~Khaled Hosseini (beautiful) T
he Memory Keeper's Daughter~Kim Edwards (potential but didn't hit it for me)
Taking Hold: My journey into Blindness ~ Sally Hobart Alexander (interesting)
2/08
Three Cups of Tea ~ Greg Mortenson (Loved the story didn't like the writing)
Water for Elephants ~ Sara Gruen (A little raw but I liked it)
A Thousand Splendid Suns~Khaled Hosseini (proved he wasnt a one hit wonder)
Five Quarters of the Orange ~ Joanne Harris (Didn't love or hate it)
Ya-Ya's In Bloom ~ Rebecca Wells (true ya ya style)
3/08
A Long Way Down ~ Nick Hornby (Funniest book ever about suicide)
About a Boy ~ Nick Hornby (It was okay)
Jane Austen Bookclub ~ Karen Joy Fowler (good not great)
4/08
The Red Tent Anita Diamant (LOVED it)
Last Night at the Lobster Stewart O'Nan(painfully boring to read)
Loving Frank Nancy Horan (Hated the characters)
5/08
The Book Theif ~ Markus Zusak (Loved it)
And Old Fashioned Girl ~ Louisa May Alcot (predictable but cute) T
he Wind Done Gone ~ Alice Randall (blech)
I am Messenger ~ Markus Zusak (Liked not Loved)
Red Leather Diary ~ Lily Koppel (More time away less I liked it)
One for the Money ~ Janet Evanovich (FUNNY)
6/08
Two for the Dough ~ Janet Evanovich (Just as good as the first)
The Constant Princess ~ Philippa Gregory (Great Read)
Three to Get Deadly ~ Janet Evanovich (Love these Characters)
Plain Truth ~ Jodi Picoult (Liked it but angry too)
Four to Score ~ Janet Evanovich (Score indeed)
High Five ~ Janet Evanovich (Grr a cliffhanger!)
7/08
East of Eden ~ John Steinbeck (work of ART!)
Hot Six ~ Janet Evanovich
Seven Up ~ Janet Evanovich
Hard Eight ~ Janet Evanovich (waiting on 9)
The Knitting Circle ~ Ann Hood (Good Read)
The Other Boleyn Girl ~ Phillipa Gregory (MUCH better than the movie)
My French Whore ~ Gene Wilder (Sweet story)
8/08
Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time ~ Mark Haddon (wasn't a favorite)
The Boleyn Inheritence ~ Phillipa Gregory (Good but not as good)
The Queens Fool ~ Phillipa Gregory (Got into it about halfway through)
Twilight ~ Stephanie Meyers (Anne Rice writes for Sweet Valley High)
9/08
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows (LOVED IT!)
To the Nines - Janet Evanovich (funny)
Ten Big Ones - Janet Evanovich (still funny)
Eleven on Top - Janet Evanovich (still funny fun)
10/08
Twelve Sharp - Janet Evanovich (same funny)
Lean Mean Thirteen - Janet Evanovich (my guilty pleasure)
The Glass Castle: A Memoir - Jeannette Walls (not worth the hype)
The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent (well done)
11/08
Fearless Fourteen - Janet Evanovich (laughable)
The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry (stayed with me)
The Other Queen - Phillipa Gregory (okayish)
12/08
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold (dark yet sweet)
The Birth House Ami McKay (I liked it)
My Forbidden Face: Growing up Under the Taliban Latifa (easy informative read)
Cinnamon Roll Bubble Bites
4 months ago
4 comments:
Great job! It's such a good feeling to accomplish something, and I'm happy with how much I read this past year. I'm setting my goal higher for 2009, and hoping I can stick to it!!
That's truly awesome Tera! You have so put me to shame!
A happy, healthy, blessed New Year to you & yours! Love, Jo
Um, no fair you didn't read all those sucky book club books. Kudos on reading all the ones you did though! Seriously, that's amazing! :)
Wow! That's such an accomplishment, especially with 3 kids. You have wonderful variety in books. I'm a Janet Evanovich fan too, espencially when I want to laugh out loud. My goal is to read at least 2 books a month in 2009.
Post a Comment